I bought a lot of electronics stuff for upcoming projects today:
- Electroluminescent (EL) wire (I got it off ebay for $7 for 7.5 feet, shipped from China) – nifty wire that is flexible and glows!
- An Arduino Shield (an Arduino Shield is an addon module for an Arduino to perform a specific function) to control the EL Wire
- Some SMA (Super Memory Actuator) actuators – these are ultra cool “metal muscles” for a super-secret project for The Artist Wife
- Blue LEDs (I’m hoping these are really bright!)
- Breadboard and supplies (for building electronic circuits without having to solder them, which I can’t do yet…)
Now the waiting for all the shipping begins!